Experienced Family Law Attorney in Toms River, NJ Aggressively Advocates for Your Rights and Capably Handles Divorce Proceedings for Clients in Ocean County and Throughout New Jersey
Speaking with an attorney may be the last thing you want to do if you are embroiled in a difficult divorce. However, our Toms River divorce lawyer is here to make things as easy as possible for you. We work to ensure that our clients do not unnecessarily suffer when going through a divorce by helping them understand their rights and responsibilities and how to secure a favorable outcome during their divorce proceedings. This includes skilled assistance and guidance regarding child custody, finances, visitation, alimony, support, and more. We know how difficult it can be to go through a divorce, so call our empathetic family law attorney in Toms River, NJ today for reliable and trustworthy help with your case.
Different Types of Divorces in New Jersey Handled by Our Experienced Toms River Divorce Lawyer
Divorce brings together complex issues regarding finances, emotions, and the law, making it a somewhat traumatic experience for everyone involved. There are many types of divorce in New Jersey, and our family law attorney in Toms River, NJ can help you navigate the complexities of each and overcome the challenges you face along the way.
- Uncontested Divorces: These are divorce cases in which the parties have no major disagreements regarding the issues they face, which include legal processes that involve child support, child custody, property division, and support/alimony,
- Contested Divorces: These are divorce cases in which the parties involved cannot agree on one or more key issues – even when enjoying the guidance and support of skilled legal counsel. These are the divorce cases that go to court for an ultimate resolution by a judge.
- No-Fault Divorces: These are the cases in which the filer does not or does not have a reason for filing for divorce, other than having the desire to divorce. The court refers to this as “incompatibility” between the spouses or “irreconcilable differences” and accepts these grounds for moving forward with divorce proceedings.
- At-Fault Divorces: These are divorce cases in which one party seeks the termination of their marriage because of some form of fault or harm caused by the other party, such as abuse, adultery, desertion, addiction, or incarceration. The relevant law here is NJ Rev Stat § 2A:34-2 (2013), and our Toms River divorce lawyer will help you file for the right type of divorce – or correctly respond to divorce papers you may have received – based on the specifics of your case.
Filing for Divorce in New Jersey with the Assistance of a Skilled Family Law Attorney in Toms River, NJ
Details on how to file for divorce in New Jersey are provided by the New Jersey Courts and involve the following:
- Filing with the court and including your complaint for divorce and relevant certificates (which include certification of non-collusion, no pending proceedings, and insurance coverage).
- Completing the divorce summons and attaching the $300 filing fee (or requesting a fee waiver).
- Checking your forms to make sure that they are completed and signed.
- Making copies of your documents and electronically submitting redacted versions (in which personal identifiers are blacked out) into New Jersey’s Judiciary Electronic Document Submission (JEDS) system.
- You will receive the complaint with a docket number and must serve the required documents to the defendant within 30 days of filing your complaint.
Additional Services Provided by Our Highly Rated Family Law Attorney in Toms River, NJ
We can help you with all of the filing steps above and will also provide you with reliable services when it comes to skilled guidance and counseling from:
- Mediators, dispute resolution experts, and conflict resolution teams
- Certified financial planners and public accountants to help with divorce-related financial matters
- Licensed clinical social workers and psychologists to help with mental, emotional, stress, and trauma-related issues arising because of the divorce
- Licensed marriage and family therapists
The family-friendly and collaborative process of our Toms River divorce lawyer will help you get through your divorce as easily as possible, with all relevant concerns regarding child custody, child support, spousal support, visitation, and asset distribution managed for you capably along the way.
Divorce Cases and Family Law Proceedings in Toms River, NJ
According to the CDC, between 1990 and 2021, New Jersey’s divorce rate peaked at 3.0 divorces per 1,000 residents between 2001 and 2002 but hit an all-time low of 1.7 divorces per 1,000 residents in 2021. These figures can be used to extrapolate divorce figures for Toms River as well, with hundreds of divorce petitions being filed in Ocean County every year. Our Toms River divorce lawyer can assist you if you want to file for divorce, have filed for divorce and want sound legal representation during the process, or have been issued with divorce summons or related filings. Call our family law attorney in Toms River today to learn more about how we can help you.
Contact Our Family Law Attorney in Toms River, NJ Today for Assistance with Your Divorce Case
Our team is just a call away. We encourage you to call us so that we can help you with the difficult divorce process – whether you are the filer or have been issued with divorce summons. The protection of your personal, financial, and emotional well-being is paramount, and our Toms River divorce lawyer will stand by you as your trustworthy legal guide throughout the process. Contact us today for a confidential consultation.