Family Violence Attorney in Eatontown, NJ Advocates for Clients’ Rights and Safety in Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County, Mercer County, and Beyond
In New Jersey, the legislature has passed laws defining acts that constitute domestic violence and providing legal protections to individuals who have been victimized by family violence. Whether you’ve suffered an act of domestic violence or have been accused of committing abuse, you deserve legal assistance from a New Jersey domestic violence lawyer. Turn to LaBletta & Walters LLC for the advice and advocacy you need to deal with a domestic violence situation.
How an Experienced New Jersey Domestic Violence Lawyer Can Help
Our firm strives to achieve our clients’ desired outcomes. We leverage our legal knowledge and experience to develop tailored case strategies aimed at achieving our clients’ objectives. You can trust that our firm will work skillfully and efficiently while providing you with the excellent legal representation you need to get through this challenging chapter in your life. When you turn to us for help with a domestic violence matter, you can expect personal attention and to be treated as a valued member of our team.
If you’ve been the victim of domestic violence or if you have been accused of committing domestic violence, you need experienced legal representation to help you protect your rights and interests. Contact LaBletta & Walters LLC for a confidential consultation to discuss your options with a dedicated family violence attorney in Eatontown, NJ.
What Constitutes Domestic Violence in New Jersey?
The New Jersey Prevention of Domestic Violence Act offers legal protections for individuals who suffer domestic violence or abuse. Under the PDVA, domestic violence must occur to and be committed by any person over 18, emancipated minor, or minor with a child (including an expecting child) of their own. Domestic violence may be committed by a victim’s:
- Current or former spouse
- Current or former household member
- Current or former dating or intimate partner
- Biological or adoptive co-parent, including prospective parents when either the victim or perpetrator of domestic violence is pregnant
The PDVA identifies 19 criminal acts that constitute a predicate act of domestic violence. These acts include:
- Terroristic threats
- Criminal restraint
- False imprisonment
- Sexual assault
- Criminal sexual contact
- Criminal coercion
- Criminal mischief
- Criminal trespass
- Contempt of a restraining order
- Any crime involving a risk of serious bodily injury or death to a person protected under the PDVA
Our Firm Represents Clients in All Types of Domestic Violence Matters
At LaBletta & Walters LLC, a family violence attorney in Eatontown, NJ can advocate for your rights and interests if you find yourself in the midst of a domestic violence case. Our firm will provide the advice and legal representation you need for:
- Filing a domestic violence complaint and applying for a temporary restraining order
- Requesting a final restraining order hearing and obtaining a FRO
- Enforcing a restraining order/reporting violations of the terms of your TRO or FRO
- Modifying the terms of an existing TRO or FRO to obtain additional protections
- Defending yourself against domestic violence allegations and arguing against the entry of an FRO
- Petitioning to terminate an FRO when no longer needed to prevent future domestic violence
How Can a New Jersey Domestic Violence Lawyer from LaBletta & Walters LLC Help You?
Domestic violence can have devastating consequences for your life, whether you’ve been the victim of domestic violence or have been falsely accused of domestic violence. As a victim of domestic violence, your fear of further abuse may cause you significant physical and emotional distress and cause you to become unwilling to go to work, participate in activities you enjoy, or even leave your home. Allegations of committing domestic violence can adversely affect your personal and professional representation, potentially causing you to lose your home, job, or custody of your kids or cause you to face criminal liability. Let a family violence attorney in Eatontown, NJ from LaBletta & Walters LLC help you protect your future by:
- Investigating your case and gathering evidence needed to prove or disprove the domestic violence allegations
- Assisting you with filing a domestic violence complaint and obtaining a temporary restraining order if you’ve been the victim of abuse
- Explaining your legal rights and options and preparing you for what to expect in the final restraining order hearing
- Advocating on your behalf in court to obtain the protection you need or defend you against baseless domestic violence accusations
- Ensuring you understnad the terms of any final restraining order issued by the court
- Representing you in court if you need to return to enforce, modify, or terminate a restraining order
Contact Us for a Confidential Consultation to Discuss Your Options with a Family Violence Attorney in Eatontown, NJ
Whether you’ve suffered or been accused of domestic violence, a seasoned New Jersey domestic violence lawyer can advocate for your reputation and rights. Contact LaBletta & Walters LLC today for an initial case evaluation to learn how our firm can guide you through the domestic violence complaint process.