New Jersey Divorce Modification Lawyer

Post Judgement ModificationsPost Judgement Modifications

Post-Judgment Modification Attorney in Eatontown, NJ Assists Families with Modifying Custody and Support Arrangements in Monmouth County, Ocean County, Middlesex County, Mercer County, and Beyond

Although divorce represents the end of your marriage, it does not necessarily mean the end of your relationship with your ex. If you and your ex share children or if you have an alimony obligation as part of your divorce judgment, you and your ex will continue at least somewhat financially and personally intertwined through a child support, child custody, or alimony arrangement. However, you, your ex, and your family will continue to grow and change throughout the years, which may make the terms of your domestic relations order no longer useful to you and your family. When this occurs, you can petition the court to modify the terms of an order in your divorce judgment. A New Jersey divorce modification lawyer from LaBletta & Walters LLC can help.

How a New Jersey Divorce Modification Lawyer Can Help With Your Post-Judgement Modifications

Our firm was founded with the goal of offering exceptional legal representation to clients. Our legal team works tirelessly to obtain our clients’ objectives. We work closely with clients, providing the personal attention and consistent communication needed to achieve their goals. Our extensive legal experience and knowledge allows us to design and pursue tailored legal strategies, even when that means going to court to advocate for our clients’ rights and interests.

When your family’s circumstances have changed, and you need to modify your child custody, child support, or alimony orders, a post-judgment modification attorney in Eatontown, NJ can help. Contact LaBletta & Walters LLC for a confidential consultation to discuss your legal options with our experienced legal team.

Post-Divorce Issues Our Firm Can Help With

At LaBella & Walters LLC, we understand that your divorce decree or your family’s child custody/support orders may need to change over the years as your family’s needs and interests change. Or you may need to seek enforcement of an existing order when your ex stops complying with its terms. A New Jersey divorce modification lawyer can help you pursue relief for post-divorce/separation issues such as:

  • Modification of alimony/spousal support orders if you suffer a substantial decrease in your income, lose your job, become disabled from working, or retire from the workforce
  • Termination of alimony after your spouse remarries or begins cohabitating with a new partner
  • Enforcement of alimony or child support orders, including seeking seizure of your ex’s assets or garnishment of their wages, tax refunds, or Social Security benefits
  • Enforcement of child custody obligations, including demanding adherence to custody exchange rules or seeking compensatory parenting time if you’ve been wrongfully denied time
  • Modification of child custody and parenting time schedules, including switching between joint and sole custody, seeking to obtain or terminate visitation/parenting time, modifying the parenting time schedule, or seeking approval for relocation from New Jersey with your children
  • Enforcing additional child support obligations, including obtaining contributions toward your children’s higher education expenses
  • Terminating child support obligations after your children become emancipated
(732) 823-4417Call Today. Let Us Help.
Logo WatermarkLogo Watermark

Let a New Jersey Divorce Modification Lawyer Help You Protect Your Rights and Interests

Child custody, child support, and alimony orders that you and your ex put in place during your divorce may eventually become less effective for your family as the years pass and your circumstances change. Domestic relations orders that become more of a hindrance than a help can lead to conflict. Fortunately, you can petition the court to modify your child custody, child support, or alimony order to better reflect your family’s changed circumstances. However, courts impose a high burden of proof for a litigant who petitions to modify a domestic relations order. When you need to change the terms of your custody, child support, or alimony order but your ex won’t agree to a change, turn to a post-judgment modification attorney in Eatontown, NJ from LaBletta & Walters LLC to help you by:

  • Reviewing your family’s circumstances to identify evidence that can help support a finding of changed circumstances warranting modification, such as changes in your or your ex’s income or changes to your family’s schedule
  • Explaining your legal options to you and sitting down with you to discuss your needs and goals for the modification
  • Assisting you if you choose to pursue negotiations or mediation with your ex on a modification
  • Preparing and filing a petition to modify on your behalf and advocating your case in court to fight for a more favorable domestic relations order

As life changes, your divorce judgment or child custody/support orders may need to change as well. Contact us today for a case evaluation to learn more about the post-judgment modification process from a knowledgeable New Jersey divorce modification lawyer.

Frequently Asked Questions About Divorce Modification in New Jersey

Our Accomplished Attorneys

1 / 0
© 2024 LaBletta & Walters LLC Attorneys at Law. All Rights Reserved.Disclaimer.Site Map.