Complex Legal Needs
Require Creative Solutions
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law & Divorce
Mark J. Walters is a partner at LaBletta & Walters LLC and heads the firm's New Jersey office located in Eatontown, New Jersey. Mr. Walters represents clients in all aspects and phases of litigation.
Mr. Walters has successfully tried numerous jury and bench trials to verdict. He has also handled hundreds of arbitration cases. Mr. Walters has successfully litigated cases in the New Jersey Appellate Division, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit and state and federal courts in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. He also frequently designs programs and presents to clients on current legal trends and issues. Although he has broad experience in civil litigation, Mr. Walters has also developed a family law practice in which he assists clients during very difficult times.
In 2012, Mr. Walters was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star by Philadelphia Magazine. Only 2.5% of attorneys who are 40 years of age or younger or have been practicing for less than ten years are selected each year as a Rising Star. From 2018 through 2020, Mr. Walters was named a Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine, an honor bestowed upon no more than 5% of practicing attorneys in each state. In 2018 and 2019, Mr. Walters was also named a "Monmouth County Top Lawyer" by Monmouth Health & Life Magazine. The "Top Lawyer" distinction was the result of a peer-review survey of more than 1,800 lawyers who practice in Monmouth County, New Jersey. In 2020, Mr. Walters was named among America's Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators. This selection is by invitation only and reserved to identify the most exceptional litigators throughout the nation. Less the 0.5% of active attorneys receive this honor.
Mr. Walters graduated with honors from Villanova University School of Law. He is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2002
- Honors: American Bar Association's Award for Top Student
- Honors: Cum Laude
- American University
- B.S. - 1997
- Major: Political Science
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- The Problems With Harvey, Claims Litigation Management Magazine, September, 2017
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, Philadelphia Magazine
- Super Lawyer, Philadelphia Magazine
- Monmouth County Top Lawyer, Monmouth Health & Life Magazine.
- Top Lawyer
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner