Complex Legal Needs
Require Creative Solutions
- Civil Litigation 100%
For the past eighteen years, Mr. LaBletta has dedicated his practice to the defense of insurance companies. He has been involved in all aspects of evaluating and defending insurance claims, including interpreting policy provisions, issuing complex coverage decisions, and preparing declaratory judgment actions. He has tried numerous cases to verdict in both state and federal court.
In addition, Mr. LaBletta routinely investigates and prosecutes insurance fraud claims on behalf of his clients. His work in insurance fraud often requires him to work closely with the Special Investigations Unit as well as local law enforcement. Mr. LaBletta routinely conducts Examinations Under Oath and prepares complaints and counterclaims for insurance fraud.Mr. LaBletta also advises clients on significant bad faith issues and extra-contractual matters. He frequently lectures to insurance companies on practical methods to successfully defeat bad faith claims and reduce overall bad faith exposure.
He has extensive appellate advocacy experience. He has argued multiple appeals before The Superior Court of Pennsylvania, and briefed appeals submitted to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
In law school, Mr. LaBletta was an Editor and Senior Editor for the Dickinson Law Review. From 2010 through 2017, he was named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star by Philadelphia Magazine. Only 2.5% of Pennsylvania attorneys who are 40 years of age or younger or have been practicing for less than ten years are selected each year as a Rising Star.
In 2015, Mr. LaBletta was selected by Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America. Less than 1% of all attorneys in the country are invited to join this organization and membership is limited to 100 attorneys in each state. Membership is extremely selective, carefully screened and limited to the most qualified and accomplished attorneys in the United States.
In 2016, Mr. LaBletta was selected for membership into Top American Lawyers. Each candidate for membership is vigorously screened to ensure that they demonstrate the skills, aptitude, and competence necessary to be admitted into Top American Lawyers. In fact, less than 1% of all attorneys are ever granted membership into this organization.
In 2019, Mr. LaBletta was named among America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators®. Selection to America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators® is by invitation only and is reserved to identify the most exceptional Civil Defense Litigators throughout the nation. Only the top 100 qualifying defense litigators in each state receive this honor and are selected for membership. Less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States receive this honor — truly the most exclusive and elite level of litigators in the community
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 2002
- Fordham University
- B.S. - 1999
- Major: Philosophy
- University of London's Institute of Legal Studies
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Cold Snap, Claims Litigation Management Magazine, February, 2018
- The Lion's Roar, Claims Litigation Management Magazine, April, 2018
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer Rising Star, Philadelphia Magazine, 2010-2017
- Rue Ratings’ Best Attorneys of America, 2015-Present
- Top American Lawyers, Member, 2016-Present
- America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators, 2019-Present
Current Employment Position